Tuesday 10 June 2014

Lesson Planning Motivational Techniques

Paul Crawford                                                                                                            
P.I.D. Course 3100
Lesson Planning
Motivational Techniques
Rationale 3 of 5


                                           
        “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” (Benjamin Franklin) This is a quote that has inspired me for a while. It says to me, Hey! Are you ready to go? A motivated student can be the best motivation in the classroom. The student that arrives late, papers everywhere, cell phone in one hand and half a croissant in their mouth, is not the ideal example of a properly motivated student. I will put this person with my highly motivated one and explain that this is the level I need all of you to be at. I want to empower my students so they feel that they are in control over their destiny. We will discuss a few topics, such as learning to turn veggies or creating one of the classic sauces we have just talked about, I will ask them which one would you like to start with first, and usually go with the majority. I will set the goals for the day as well as the week and make sure that the students adhere to the lesson plan. A humorous motivating story that is relevant with the tasks at hand is a good ice breaker that generally relaxes their brains, making them open up for what's ahead. Most importantly, I as the expediter and facillitator of the lesson plan must be the motivated one first and foremost. The enthusiasm that I will bring to the students should make them realize, wow the Chef is ready for today, I better be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment